May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
I thought I would post Thanks to God today. It has been awhile since I have posted much of anything at all but I do have so much to be thankful for and I really felt prompted today to post my thanks. Joy and Kindness I think are the major themes of my thanks. True Joy comes from the Lord and Kindness… I have found it is so many places these past few months and it has come in so many ways. The first being from my Dad. Dad was never known to be a kind man, at least no to his family, but during the past 10-15 years our family has experienced much kindness from him. He became a softer person because of his relationship with God and during my last few weeks with him I witnessed many acts of kindness from him – all God inspired to be sure.
My Dad, less than a month before he died
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Ps. 28:7
1) I am thankful my father Allen and uncle Kenny are together in Heaven with their mother and other siblings. The brothers both died of cancer within about a week of each other. I am so thankful they are no longer in pain.
2) I am thankful for safe travels for my family. There was so much traveling by so many this summer to see my Dad, take trips, etc.
3) I am thankful no harm was done to my brother and sister-in-law Sonia’s homes when they were evacuated from Texas due to the hurricane. The came to Nebraska to help with my Dad and were such a blessing. Matthew or “Little OD” put a lot of smiles on all our faces.
4) I am so thankful to all my family for rallying around to help my Dad in his final days here on earth. It was a very emotional, stressful, yet many joyful and memorable times were experienced as well. Special thanks to my sister Shannon and her daughters who moved in to be with my Dad during his final three months. I love you all!
5) I am thankful to my dear husband who encouraged me to spend as much time with my Dad as needed. I am thankful for phone calls from some of my kids who called to encourage me, to check up on me and see how I was doing emotionally. Kindness from ones children is a treasure. I am so blessed that all my children got to see their Grandpa before he passed away.
Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!” You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Ps 30: 10-12
6) I am thankful for my Dad’s friends, Clif and Pat who visited almost daily. They are amazing men. I am also thankful to those who shared stories about how loving and giving my Dad was to the people of his community.
7) I am thankful for Hospice nurses … one in particular, Terry Munter who was on call to us 24-7 during Dad’s final months. She is all kindness and gentleness.
8) I am thankful to old friends who prayed, made meals, visited, encouraged, sent sweet notes, let us talk and cry… Special personal thanks to Ann Witkowsky, MaryAnn Lutt, Roxanne McCright, Kim Carhart and Kathy Winter. You guys are treasures to me, much more than just friends!
9) Thank you to all my online friends and bloggers for all your emails, comments… They were all so kind and encouraging and meant the world to me and my family.
10) Special thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is so full of mercy, grace, forgiveness,and kindness and who brings so much Joy amidst all the sorrow.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Ps 18:2
My Dad was a huge supporter of saving the lives of all unborn babies. Vote Yes For Life in November.
Subscribe to my blog